On August 26, 2020 the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) issued 21 invitations to apply to the entrepreneur stream. You were eligible for consideration for this round if you submitted your expression of interest between November 22, 2019 and August 21, 2020.
You received an invitation to apply if your expression of interest got a score between 144 and 200.
The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP) invited candidates to apply for a provincial nomination if they had work experience in one of the following occupations:
- Financial managers NOC 0111
- Advertising, marketing and public relations managers NOC 0124
- Corporate sales managers NOC 0601
- Financial auditors and accountants NOC 1111
- Other financial officers NOC 1114
- Professional occupations in business management consulting NOC 1122
- Registered nurses and registered psychiatric nurses NOC 3012
- Allied primary health practitioners NOC 3124
- Dietitians and nutritionists NOC 3132
If you received an invitation to apply, you do not need to contact the program. You will receive two emails. One email contains login information. The second email will contain instructions on how to submit a complete application. Carefully follow the instructions in both emails.
In order to receive the provincial nomination from Ontario, candidates need to apply under the Human Capital Priorities Stream, and have at least one year of experience in one of the above occupations. The work experience must have been obtained within the last five years from the date of the application. It could have been gained in Canada or overseas but it must have been “continuous”, meaning no break in employment for over a one year period. Having back-to-back jobs in the same occupation but with different employers is acceptable.
If your expression of interest was eligible but you did not receive an invitation to apply this round it is still eligible to receive an invitation to apply for future rounds for 12 months from the date you submitted it.
Source: CICnews; Ontario Government