Manitoba has now issued 490 invitations to PNP candidates so far this month.
Manitoba invited 218 immigration candidates to apply for a provincial nomination on January 28.
This is the second draw of the month for the Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP), where skilled workers and international graduates were invited through three immigration streams:
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba ;
- International Education Stream ;
- Skilled Workers Overseas.
The invitations, also known as Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs), were distributed as follows along with their Expression of Interest (EOI) score requirement:
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba— 178 LAAs with a score of at least 518;
- Skilled Workers Overseas— 17 LAAs with a score of at least 681; and
- International Education Stream— 23 LAAs, no EOI score requirement provided.
Out of the 218 LAAs issued, 13 went to Express Entry candidates. The MPNP says they will refuse any of these candidates who do not have a valid Express Entry ID, a job seeker validation code, and verifiable experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list.
The MPNP only considered Skilled Worker Overseas candidates in this draw if they were directly invited under a strategic recruitment initiative.
If candidates scored higher than the minimum ranking but did not receive an LAA, it could be because:
- their third-party language test did not have a valid test number;
- their language test is no longer valid; or
- the candidate was invited under a strategic recruitment initiative, but they did not send a valid invitation number.
The MPNP said that candidates who are in one of these scenarios can update their EOI profile with the correct information in order to be considered for the next draw.
Candidates who are working in a regulated occupation have been invited in this draw. The MPNP says that they may refuse candidates who are not actually working in a regulated occupation, or who do not provide proof of having completed all licensing steps to be employed in Manitoba. Those who are in this situation have the option to decline their LAA.